Tour Terms & Conditions
Cancellations and refunds
- The Provider will only cancel tours due to circumstances out-with our control, in this case a free transfer to an alternative date will be offered or a full refund will be available. Where the customer cancels the tour reservation then the effective date of cancellation will be the date the provider receives written notification of the cancellation. In the event of a cancellation, a charge as detailed below, shall be payable by the Customer.
- The following cancellation charges apply to all bookings:
- When notification of cancellation is received less than 7 days prior to tour date – 50% cancellation charge.
- When notification of cancellation is received less than 48 hours in advance of tour departure time – 100% cancellation charge.
- If no notification of cancellation is received – the customer will be held liable for the full cost of the cancelled activity.
- We regret no refunds can be offered if the customer is late for a tour.
- The Provider does not accept any liability for loss, inconvenience or damage caused by war, threat of war, riot or civil commotion, terrorist or criminal activity, industrial disputes, natural disasters, fires, sickness, weather conditions, road or traffic conditions, temporary mechanical or electrical breakdown, explosion of or radioactive contamination from any nuclear facility or other events beyond the control of the Provider.
- The Customer must inform the Provider in writing of any reduction in numbers 7 days prior to the tour, any reduction in numbers less than 7 days prior to the tour date will result in the Customer being held liable for the full cost of the reduction.
- All our tour guides are qualified in Outdoors First Aid.
- All appropriate licenses, policy statements (e.g. Health and Safety, Child Protection, Disability), risk assessments & method statements, staff disclosures and qualifications are up-to-date and available for inspection by competent authorities.
- We have appropriate insurance cover (public liability and employer’s liability insurance) for at least £2 million. Details and copies of current certificates are available for inspection upon request.
- We adhere to access rights and follow the Scottish Outdoor Access Code. For more information go to this website www.outdooraccess-scotland.scot.
- We have signed up to the Wild Scotland Code of Practice: www.wild-scotland.org.uk/about-us/wild-scotland-charter.
- We also follow the Wild Scotland best practice guidance for Wildlife watching on foot and by vehicle. For more information go to this websites: www.wild-scotland.org.uk/about-us/wild-scotland-best-practice-guidelines.
- The weather is always an unknown quantity, so a variety of different routes will be available on the day and options to avoid exposure to wind and rain will be considered.
- On walking tours, a degree of fitness is required, and it is important that we know about any medical conditions that any person coming has.
- We would also ask that you bring warm water proof clothing along with outdoors walking shoes / boots as the ground may be rough and muddy.
- We don’t encourage dogs on wildlife tours as they can disturb wildlife. Please let us now if you want to do so.